Yesterday in worship we received these questions to ponder. I admit, I was clicking right along until I got to #7… which calls me to slow down and truly enter into the life that is mine to live. If I truly want to grow in my relationships with Jesus, my church family, and my neighbors there must be intentionality on my part. As our church family moves forward in reconnecting to God, one another, and our neighbor, which questions stir a curiosity in you?
My Reconnect 2022 Eastertide Commitment
In John Wesley’s classes and bands, members met regularly for learning and personal accountability. The following questions were used daily for self-examination.
1. Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am better than I really am? In other words, am I a hypocrite?
2. Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?
3. Do I confidentially pass on to another what was told to me in confidence?
4. Can I be trusted?
5. Am I a slave to dress, friends, work, or habits?
6. Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
7. Did the Bible live in me today?
8. Do I give it time to speak to me everyday?
9. Am I enjoying prayer?
10. When did I last speak to someone else about my faith?
11. Do I pray about the money I spend?
12. Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
13. Do I disobey God in anything?
14. Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
15. Am I defeated in any part of my life?
16. Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy, or distrustful?
17. How do I spend my spare time?
18. Am I proud?
19. Do I thank God that I am not as other people — that I am not like them?
20. Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold a resentment toward or disregard? If so, what am I doing about it?
21. Do I grumble or complain constantly?
22. Is Christ real to me?
May 17, 2022